Sunday, February 14, 2010

The World Around Me

When I started blogging, I remember thinking how easy it would be. I always have something to say, a story to tell, or an opinion to share. Sometimes I sit down and feel so inspired. A topic comes to mind and I effortlessly sit here and put it all down. A little tweak here and there, an edit to grammar, and I'm done. Other times (like now) I feel like blogging and simply don't have any one thing to say. People who know me would say that they don't believe it because I ALWAYS have something to say. But, I guess I don't. I think that is a good thing. If I'm always talking, I'm not listening. Today, my ear is to the ground, listening to the world around me. I hear the chatter of my family and learn what they are thinking. I hear my pets (a needy dog, a curious cat, and chirpy birds) all making their presences known. I hear my brain thinking how nice it is to just be "in the moment" and not everywhere else. Last, but certainly not least, I hear my heart saying that it loves all of these things. I would not change a thing. Listening to those I love, in the world around me, is the bright spot of my day.

Until next time,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment