Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday, Monday

Lala...lalalala... come on, sing along:) What is it about Mondays that make it the toughest day of the week? Maybe it's just me? I think not. Considering that there are plenty of songs about it (consider the aforementioned Monday, Monday), Manic Monday, and the Carpenters famous "rainy days and Mondays always get me down" lyrics. I think it's because Monday signifies the start of busy days and the usual "rat race", whatever your race happens to be... work... school... It is ingrained in us to believe that the weekends are the only time to stop and smell the roses and the rest of the week is meant to be spent running as fast as we can trying to stay ahead of the game. Maybe we have been wrong all this time. Maybe it's time to stop, take a deep breath, and smell a rose everyday, even Monday. My rose today was having a leisurely dinner with my family and catching up on the day's news. That was, indeed, the bright spot of my day.

Until next time,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment