Thursday, July 8, 2010

All Aboard the LeBron Rumor Mill Bandwagon

I can't believe I'm actually going to join in the circus. There are too many clowns to count in this media melee. Where will LeBron James play basketball next season?

Initially, my reaction was "who cares?" However, being a Clevelander, I find that I can no longer take the backseat. The attention "The Decision" is getting continues to blow my mind. LeBron does not have the answer to world peace, nor does he have a plan to end world hunger. He is deciding where he will play his games. That's what this media circus is promoting. Again I say, who cares?

Now I can say I care. While there has been a ridiculous number of hours spent on speculating where LeBron will play, much of the speculation is that he will be leaving Cleveland to go to "greener" pastures. Ching-ching. Not only that, but it's necessary for him to have an hour long special on ESPN to publicly slap Cleveland in the face as he walks away from the city that has supported him like no other. Like Cleveland sports fans haven't suffered enough the past 100 years. That's fine, LeBron. Pour some more salt in the gaping wound. We can take it.

The final decision will be announced less than 12 hours from now. I certainly hope that LeBron chooses to stay here, with the Cavs, where he belongs, with the best fans sports has to offer. Let us bask in the glow of the national media for a bit as he lists all of the great reasons he chose to stay in Cleveland. If LeBron leaves Cleveland, well, no sour grapes here, but it's a shame that his career here would end with such a public flogging on ESPN. No amount of sugar-coating would take the sting out for the fans here, and that would be his legacy in his hometown. Stay tuned.

Speaking my piece has been the bright spot of my day. LeBron staying in Cleveland would make this fan's day even brighter:)

Until Next Time....
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment