Friday, July 9, 2010

LeBron: The Morning After

No surprise that I am sitting here lamenting Cleveland's loss of LeBron James to Miami. The mourning has begun. I hoped against hope that he would stay and bring the Cavs and this city a championship. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

I wish LeBron the best of success in Miami. Right now, I think the people of Miami are the only ones who like him at the moment. By selfishly prolonging this announcement, the Cavs' opportunity to sign other free agents has come and gone. He was too cowardly to let management know his decision prior to his scheduled announcement on ESPN. As usual, LeBron's ego just wouldn't let him play nicely with others. We can now look forward to a season of rebuilding. Thanks LeBron.

There were other teams left standing at the altar with us, Chicago and New York most notably. He's ticked off most of the major cities in the Eastern Conference. I can hardly wait for his 1st road games in these cities. I can already hear the "boos".

Our economy will take a hit, but we'll survive. We always do. Resilience is a wonderful thing. LeBron's image and brand have taken a hit. That might be a bit more difficult to recover. Surely he will continue to rake in millions in endorsements, but the star who has shined so brightly for so long is looking a bit dim in the light of day.

The end of this saga has been the bright spot of my day. I'm ready to move on.

Until Next Time,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment