Sunday, March 7, 2010

Out With the Old

The subconscious is a wonderful thing. It doesn't just slap you upside the head and say "WTF are you doing?" It's much more subtle than that, more like leaving crumbs on a trail, in hopes that you will follow. I followed... and was surprised where it led me. I re-read some of the past postings on this blog and started seeing a common thread: while I found a bright spot in all my days, I had to look for it. Most of my days were the same; work, the rat race, not taking the time to really stop and relax. So, on this grand journey we call life, I did the most logical thing. I quit my job. Seriously. That wasn't my plan initially, but it came to a point where it was just necessary. I came to the realization that my job was like a vampire, sucking me dry. Even at night I couldn't let it go; the stress was with me 24/7... and it showed in every aspect of my life. A few think me a bit crazy, but this is about what I need in order to move forward. My brain plain and simply needs to rest. I have found myself a nice little job in retail (I still need to help support my family). I work with people I know and whose company I enjoy. It's an opportunity to meet and interact with all kinds of different people. In order to make change, I have to take risks. The payoff has been worth it to me, in ways that really matter. I choose to surround myself with people whose energy feeds me. I have the time to focus on making jewelry and spending quality time with my family, just enjoying the moments. Geez, I even spent my Saturday afternoon cleaning out my closet (and enjoying it), a symbolic way of de-clutterfying my life. Let the whisper of your subconscious mind be the bright spot of your day. Listen to what you hear... you may want to follow.

Until next time,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment