Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Plan

My day started on a high note... we had another sale. Sales are always good for morale. They inspire me to create more. Sales motivate me to make new things. I enjoy making jewelry. It's sort of like therapy, only without the couch and the doctor going, "hmmm...". So I planned on watching old movies and being a jewelry making machine. Why, I had all day! *sigh* The best laid plans.
There were no old movies on and I could not find a DVD that would hold my interest. The Food Network, while very inspiring to chefs, not so much for those of us who are in the midst of stringing beads. The creative juices were flowing, but not for crystals and pearls, but for stuffed mushrooms and beef brisket. Those chefs make it look effortless and have a 4 course meal done in an hour (TV time of course)Yet, I was a warrior, pressing on, ignoring the rumbling in my tummy and the food I can almost taste.
While I was not the "machine" that I had hoped to be, I was productive and did get a necklace done. My day didn't go according to my plan and I didn't mass produce 100 items, or 10 items, but I did create something for which I am proud and that is the bright spot of my day.

Until next time,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment